Clear all

[Sticky] Old Users Having Logon Problems

6 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@havok)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've seen in the logs that some older users are attempting to log in with their old forum credentials and it's failing. The reason for this is because I'm using different forum software with this relaunch and in order to use the new system you will need to register as a new user with the current forum. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you in the forums soon.  

Regards,
][avok

(@speedy)

Thanks ][avok!

with new account it’s working 😊

We missed you and your site,

][avok reacted
ReplyQuote
(@havok)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @speedy

Thanks ][avok!

with new account it’s working 😊

We missed you and your site,

I missed the site and community as well. We had some great games and lots of fun!

Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh reacted
ReplyQuote
Gilgamesh
(@gilgamesh)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @havok

I missed the site and community as well. We had some great games and lots of fun!

Agreed - it's great to see these names popping up in the forum.  About the games - any updates?   Is there a test game in the stocking this year???

ReplyQuote
(@mondoshiva)

Wrong forum i know, but in response to @Gilgamesh: If i remember correctly you are running TimHost or is/will be there any change?
Would be a nice 'old school' alternative to Stefans page (although i love PHost 🙂 )

This post was modified 4 months ago by Mondoshiva

ReplyQuote
(@havok)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mondoshiva

Wrong forum i know, but in response to @Gilgamesh: If i remember correctly you are running TimHost or is/will be there any change?
Would be a nice 'old school' alternative to Stefans page (although i love PHost 🙂 )

If I were to run games again I would run mostly Timhost games but we would also run PHost as well since we did in the past. However, I honestly don't have the time to properly host. There's a lot that goes into hosting games. The Troll, making the games, maintaining the games, graphics, promotion, and so on. Lots of hats to wear. I don't have the time I had 10 years ago etc. Wish I did.

What I can do is put this site back up, and give everyone that's interested in our community a location for VGAP that's focused on the traditional way of playing VGA Planets. As is, the site pretty much maintains itself and I can build off of that should any new content come out. 

Everyone should feel free to post new / upcoming games at other places like Stefan's and discuss strategy, gameplay, and our love of VGA Planets etc. By all means if someone wants to host games, DO IT. Jump on that boat, I'm happy to promote them.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Regards,
][avok

ReplyQuote
Share: